Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Welcome Peru Fall Interns

Friday brings the start of a new class and the beginning of another internship.  Here is a little bit about the interns that will be working in Trujillo Peru this fall.



Dalton Birky
Sophomore – International Business

My name is Dalton Birky, I am a 21 year old resident of Logan Utah and student at Utah State University. I come from a family of eight, and have lived in Logan all my life. I served an LDS mission in Argentina, which is how I learned my Spanish, and developed my love for South America. I am a sophomore in college and my intended major is International Business, I have always been interested in business and I would love to continue to use my Spanish in my job somehow. I love to dirt bike, camp, fish, shoot guns and go digging! Pretty much anything outdoors interests me.
When I was first introduced to the SEED program I knew it was something I wanted to do because it’s the perfect way to not only learn the basics of how to create and manage a business, but it is also a great way to share what I have learned thus far.  Hopefully this will be an experience that will take not only my knowledge but also my experience in the business field to the next level. I plan to use this experience as a base for my future studies and career decision.

Katrina Nieveen
Senior – Accounting with MIS minor



I love to learn, particularly through reading and traveling. I especially enjoy Jane Austen and Shakespeare, along with contemporary literature discussing ethics and gender roles. I also like to spend time outdoors: swimming, hiking, canoeing, and camping.

I was interested in a SEED internship as an opportunity to help give back while expanding my own understanding of business concepts and entrepreneurship. I’m excited to get to know and work with the people of Trujillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment