Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Time for Reflection

Wow, I can't believe that three months has already come and gone! I have really had a great experience here in Peru. This past week I have had a lot of time to reflect on the things that we've done and the experiences we have been through and I would have to say that it has been worth the trip. So to end off I would just like share a few of things that I think have made this an excellent internship and experience.

The Work

As a SEED Intern I was able to get a lot of exposure to creating business plans and financial projections for real people. It really brought to life a lot of the basic business principles that I had learned throughout school. Also it was neat to be able to go and visit already existing businesses and to see their successes and struggles and then try and find ways to help them overcome those struggles or become in more successful.

The Culture

I don't think there's a better way to get to know a foreign culture than actually visiting the country and surrounding yourself with it. Really throughout the three months that I have been here, the Latin-American culture has continued to grow on me. Everyone is so nice to visitors and you know that the family is one of the most important things to them. Also, even though the music is a little more reggae than I'm used to, I somehow still managed to kind of learn how to dance to it.

The People

I can't even express how great the people are down in Peru.There are the people I worked with, Elena Pajilla, Jacqueline Saavedra and Alejandro Falcón. Each one of these people have been nothing but nice to us and have gone out of their way to make sure that we are comfortable and have everything we need and not to mention that they've become our friends. Also Dallin and I have had the opportunity to make friends with a lot of other peruvians and it has definitely enriched and made our experience that much better.

I'm excited to come home, but the thing I'll miss the most are the people, the friends that I have made here in Peru. Thank goodness for Facebook!

And now I would like to end by saying the SEED Internship is definitely a most do for college students!

No comments:

Post a Comment